Gosh, so much has happened in 2015! As 2015 chimed in I was unmarried, childless, working a very well-paid yet challenging job and feeling optimistic about the year ahead.
Well, as we get ready to see in 2016 everything has changed (apart from my optimism hopefully!).
There have been highs and lows (fortunately mainly highs!) but since January I have:
- Suffered a stressful period at work and taken the courageous (some might say crazy, I say courageous!) decision to put myself and my health first and resigned from my job as a senior teacher;
- Married my best friend and love of my life (yay!);
- Become a supply teacher (and rather a good one too, if I may say so myself!);
- Started this blog (which I am hopeful will grow from the tiny seed it currently is);
- Fallen pregnant with our first child (so unexpectedly wonderful; I thought we’d be trying for years before it happened).
What a year! Despite some really difficult times around half way through and feeling like the world was going to end for a minute or two, that pales into insignificance given all of the wonderful ways in which life has changed for the better this year. Yes, we have far less money than we did before and mentally I still have a little way to go, but money isn’t everything and life is so much better now as we head into 2016.
I’ve just welled up knowing that none of this would have been possible without the unswerving support of my husband. I’m not going to gush too much because I’m not interested in presenting a ‘my life is perfect’ impression on my blog. Because it isn’t, he isn’t and I don’t want to give him a big head!! But sometimes you realise just how important someone is to you and for you and it doesn’t hurt to recognise it for a moment.
Thank you, Mr W for helping me, loving me, supporting me and sharing every moment through 2015. Here’s to 2016 and more adventures ahead!! x
I hope you’ll all tag along for the journey too; I’ve met some super blogging people already and can’t wait to make more friends in this brave new world! xx